Austin Achieve will continue to provide free breakfast, lunch, and afternoon supper to all scholars. Take home packages will be provided to scholars for the days that they are not on campus. Meal delivery will be available for families participating in full-time distance learning. Adjustments have been made to meal service procedures, including:
- All meals will be consumed in the classroom
- Afternoon supper meals will be sent home with scholars in take-home meal packages
- Child Nutrition staff will have their temperature verified each day and wear PPE, including masks and gloves, during all food preparation and service
- All teachers will complete the Food Handlers Certification required by the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA)
- Foodservice equipment will be regularly deep cleaned and sanitized
- Families are discouraged from dropping off meals in the middle of the day to limit the number of visitors entering campus buildings.
- Families are discouraged from sending scholars with food from home to avoid cross-contamination.
Del Valle ISD
The Del Valle ISD school year starts on August 17, with remote instruction for the first 8 weeks of school. During remote learning, Del Valle ISD will provide breakfast, lunch, and a snack each day at NO COST to DVISD students. The National School Lunch Program and Texas Department of Agriculture guidelines only permit students enrolled in Del Valle ISD to be eligible for these meals.
Starting Monday, August 17, meals will be available from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Monday through Friday at the following locations:
- Baty ES – 2101 Faro Dr., Austin, TX 78741
- Del Valle HS – 5201 Ross Rd., Del Valle, TX 78617
- Ojeda MS – 4900 McKinney Falls Pkwy, Austin, TX 78744
- Dailey MS – 14000 Westall St., Austin, TX 78725
- Creedmoor ES – 5604 FM 1327, Creedmoor, TX 78610
DVISD will also deliver meals via bus routes across the district. Click here to access the DVISD route finder and locate a bus stop near your address.
Students may pick up meals by providing the following information to the attendant serving the meals: Name, DVISD school, Student ID number. Parents may pick up meals without a student present with the following documentation: Student ID card, Report card, Skyward report displaying student ID, Letter from DVISD Child Nutrition Services stating student was approved or denied for free/reduced meals.
PfISD will provide food services to the greatest extent possible and allowable for PFISD ENROLLED students participating in virtual learning. District transportation will not be provided to curbside meal pick up locations. Curbside meals will be provided at standard prices, reduced prices, or free depending on the student’s eligibility. Parents/guardians interested in applying for free or reduced meals must complete the USDA Income verification form online or access through this QR code.
PfISD will continue to offer curbside meal pick up for ENROLLED PfISD students at the locations listed below. Students can pick up meals at any location regardless of their home campus location.
Universal Free Meals
All students, regardless of the campus they attend, will receive a free breakfast and snack during daily meal pick up.
Austin ISD Student Health Services-Telehealth
Austin ISD health services include:
- Virtual Care for Kids: All AISD families have access to telehealth through a partnership with Virtual Care for Kids. You can see a provider from the comfort of your own home. Additionally, this service is currently waiving copays for AISD families and all patients with Medicaid will be offered FREE or telemedicine visits.
- Vida Clinic: AISD’s school-based mental health partner, Vida Clinic, is offering teletherapy services to the Austin ISD community. These services will allow adults and students to access quality mental health services right from their own homes. To learn more or schedule services, contact the Vida Clinic Care Team at 512-518-2209 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Integral Care: Integral Care has a 24/7 Crisis Helpline at 512-472-HELP (4357) You can also Text TX to 741741 to connect to Crisis Text Line. Integral Care is also working with NAMI Central Texas to make sure the community has resources available during this challenging time. They will be posting helpful tools on their website, including tips and tools for managing stress and how to talk to your children about this uncertain time.